Executive Director: Demie Stathoplos
Pathways to Wellness is a non-profit public health organization dedicated to providing high-quality holistic therapies including acupuncture, shiatsu, and Chinese herbal medicine to all those in need. Within a compassionate and empowering environment, Pathways provides complementary therapies for our clients as an adjunct to their Western medical care. Working in partnership with community health centers and organizations, Pathways aids in the development of a continuum of care for our clients in body, mind and spirit.
- Pathways to Wellness is Boston's only wellness center where clients can Share the Care. Clients who pay full price for a treatment enable someone less fortunate to receive a similar treatment for free or at lower cost.
- Pathways to Wellness is one of the largest public health holistic therapies clinics in the country providing 12,000 treatments to over 3,000 clients annually.
- Pathways to Wellness is the largest US provider of free acupuncture care to people living with HIV/AIDS.
- In addition to its main clinic at 1601 Washington St. in Boston’s South End, Pathways operates six satellites clinics in Massachusetts hospitals and health centers.
- Pathways offers educational presentations worldwide for agencies, corporations, consumers, and conferences as well as continuing education courses, internships, and ongoing supervisory consultation for practitioners.
- As recognized experts, Pathways staff has been invited to present and teach in Africa, Brazil, China, Cuba, Ireland and Spain, and throughout the US.
- Chinese Herbs
- Fertility Enhancement
- Smoking Cessation
- AIDS Care Project
- Veterans Community Acupuncture Program
- Education and Outreach
- Research and Evaluation
2009 Greater Boston Business Council (GBBC) Excellence Award
Pathways to Wellness: 20 Years of Partnership voted
“Top Choice for #10” in the National Integrator Blog’s 2008 Top 10 in Integrative Practice
Voted Best Local Non-Profit in 2005 and Best Place to get a Massage in 2005 and 2006 in the Boston Phoenix Reader’s Poll
2004 Massachusetts Council of Human Service Providers’ Peer Provider Award
2004 Greater Boston Business Council (GBBC) Excellence Award
Pathways to Wellness
1601 Washington St., 3rd Floor
Boston, MA 02118